Mary A. Pfeifer
Mary A. Pfeifer was born in Minot, North Dakota and graduated from Watford City High School in Watford City, North Dakota. She received her Bachelor of Social Work degree from Minnesota State University – Moorhead in 2001 and received her Juris Doctor degree from William Mitchell College of Law in 2004.
Ms. Pfeifer has been practicing family law for approximately 9 years. She believes that parties are best suited to make agreements regarding their family’s future whether through settlement negotiations or mediation. However, when that is not possible, Ms. Pfeifer uses her experience as a litigator to help her clients navigate the court process and will make the arguments necessary for the court to make informed decisions.
Ms. Pfeifer practices primarily in the areas of family law, tax law and probate and estate planning, including, not limited to the following types of cases:
- Minnesota, 2004
- U.S. District Court, District of Minnesota, 2005
- J.D., William Mitchell College of Law, 2004
- B.S.W., Minnesota State University – Moorhead, 2001
- Minnesota State Bar Association
- First District Bar Association
- Tenth District Bar Association
- Dakota County Bar Association
- Washington County Bar Association
- Lewis House Domestic Abuse Legal Clinic volunteer
- Legal Aid volunteer attorney for Dakota County
- Legal Assistance volunteer attorney for Washington County
- Legal Assistance of Washington Legal Advice Clinic volunteer
- Braham Area Chamber of Commerce (President in 2010-2011; Vice President in 2009-2010; Secretary in 2012-2013)
Ms. Pfeifer is involved and is an active participant in several organizations. She is a member of the Minnesota Women Lawyers, the Minnesota State Bar Association, the 1st District Bar Association and the Dakota County and Hennepin County Bar Associations.